Glasshouse Hair, Hand & Body Wash
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Regular price
- Unit price
Glasshouse Hair, Hand & Body Wash is a multi-purpose cleanser specifically formulated with a pH balance to nourish skin and hair equally. Organic extracts of chamomile, comfrey and aloe vera soothe and hydrate, while natural wheat protein revives weak hair, maintains condition and improves colour retention. Sulphate-free, rich in vitamin B5 and with a 100% natural citrus and ginger scent that leaves skin, hair and hands fresh. As a shampoo, this product is ideal for all hair types: from unproblematic to damaged, oily or colour-treated. Naturally-strengthening, soothing and smoothing, Glasshouse Hair Hand & Body Wash helps restore hair condition. The extra large bottle is designed for practical and ecological reasons: making your product last longer and minimising packaging waste. Gentle enough for everyday use and suitable for the whole family.
Each bottle comes with a separate pump that is designed to be reused - once bottles are finished, pumps can simply be screwed onto the next one. Bottles are made from the natural bi-products of sugarcane harvesting. Once separated, all components are 100% recyclable.
Vegan and Cruelty Free / Gluten Free* / Certified Organic Ingredients / Sodium Chloride Free / Sulphate Free / 100% Natural Fragrance
*This product contains hydrolysed wheat protein; the hydrolysation process renders the protein gluten free, making it suitable for those with gluten intolerances.
Our go to brush for a Sunday self care day, or makes for a perfect gift.
Adding product to your cart
Glasshouse are a British manufacturer and therefore adhere to some of the most stringent quality and safety standards in the world. They manufacture their own products at their own facilities which means tighter control methods from the moment the ingredients are sourced, right through to when the products are packaged and distributed.
- The use of ecological products is prioritised when it comes to finishing the wood- all their varnishes are water-based and applied solely using the tumbler method. The oils are100% vegan and all waxes are environmentally safe.
- Since 2006, they have ben using locally produced green electricity and in 2020, the roofs of the production and office buildings were fitted with a photovoltaic system which now provides around 60% of the company’s energy needs.
- All their heating is powered renewably using the wood chips and shaving created during the production process. Since Autumn 2020, they have also been pressing the wood chips and shavings that they don’t need for their own energy into pellets and sell them as a second use energy source, therefore moving a step closer to their goal of zero waste.
- The company received an FSC certification in 2008 for the wood they use and he Eco-Management and Audit Scheme (EMAS) also known as the EU Eco-Audit, guarantees that they meet the highest standards. These certifications create a combined system of sustainable environmental management ensuring that the company makes every effort to lighten their carbon footprint.
When we think about mindful consumption, cost per use is a way of evaluating whether or not your purchase is sustainable or not. Asking questions like “will I use/wear this piece more than 30 times?” “Will I fix it when it breaks?” “When I’ve finished using it, will I extent the lifespan of the item by giving it to someone I know/charity?” All of these actions will decrease the overall carbon footprint of your purchase.
How do you work out the cost per use? Divide the price of the product by 30! We use 30 as this is the average amount of uses items are thought to have.
- Glasshouse Brushes are a collection of traditionally made wooden brushes that prioritise the use of natural materials and traditional craftsmanship. They are produced by a German-based manufacturer who has specialised in making wooden brushes for over 140 years, operating in the historic Black Forest since 1869
- They have modern production facilities that include space dedicated to the cultivation of traditional craftsmanship, with individual pieces being manufactured using the traditional hand-drawn method. Their quality assurance is guided by ISO DIN standards, with the production processes being centred around this, and each staff member is empowered to uphold these standards in their work.
The Glasshouse manufacturers have never tested their products on animals and promise never to sell their products to countries who insist on animal testing. They are internationally recognised by animal welfare organisation PETA, and seek to abolish animal testing across the world.
For more sizing enquiries check out the sizing tab next to the product
The Story Behind Glasshouse Salon
Glasshouse Salon was born from the belief that great looking hair can be achieved whilst nurturing its long-term condition, alongside a core of consideration for the environment. Founded in 2012 by New Zealander Olivia Crighton, Glasshouse is known as a destination for modern cuts and organic-based colour. The aim is simple: to deliver professional results with sustainable care and craft. This means caring for the environment as much as caring about creating beautiful, healthy hair, and the East London salon specialises in marrying the two. Combining sustainability with design, this ethos is carried over to the growing range of Glasshouse products that are carefully considered and created with with expert care.
"Combining sustainability with design, this ethos is carried over to the growing range of Glasshouse products that are carefully considered and created with with expert care."
Unrestricted by age or gender, it is suitable for everyone and even the most sensitive skin types will benefit from its gentle soothing properties. Damaged, oily or colour-treated hair is restore by the naturally strengthening wheat protein it contains and dry or tangled hair is softened by organic comfrey.
Commitment to nature
Glasshouse’s commitment to creating a sustainable product comes from a belief in the effectiveness of natural and organic ingredients. Using the highest proportion of these ingredients possible, the product is manufactured in a way that leaves a softer environmental footprint. As a result, Hair, Hand and Body Wash is vegan, cruelty-free and formulated with non-GMO ingredients that are natural and certified organic where possible.
The manufacturers have never tested their products on animals and promise never to sell their products to countries who insist on animal testing. They are internationally recognised by animal welfare organisation PETA, and seek to abolish animal testing across the world.